If you are between the ages of 21 and 45, and suffer from a moderate to severe degree of nearsightedness, then you may be a candidate for this great procedure and the advantages it provides.
• Immediate vision improvement at all distances – eliminating the need for glasses or contacts
• High Definition Vision: You can enjoy a new level of vision correction that’s sharp, clear, vivid, and has great depth and dimension.
• Designed to be Permanent, Yet Is Removable: One of the compelling advantages of the Visian ICL is that while it can permanently correct your vision, the lens can be simply removed and/or replaced if necessary. Also, concerns involving the cornea typically do not apply to the Visian ICL, as no natural corneal tissue is permanently removed or reshaped in during implantation.
• Does Not Cause Dry Eye: Visian ICL does not cause or contribute to dry eyes. If you have dry eyes, ask your doctor if the Visian ICL may be the best vision correction option for you.
• Short Recovery Time: The recovery for the Visian ICL is quick and pain-free, and may be as little as one day due to the very small size of the opening required. Patients typically experience minimal discomfort, and many times go back to work the next day.
• UV Protection: Long-term exposure to UV radiation can damage your eyes; and longer term or more intense exposure increases the chance of eye disorders including the development of cataracts and some retinal problems. As an added feature, the Visian ICL advanced lens material contains a UV blocker that actually prevents harmful UVA and UVB rays from entering the eye, possibly preventing the development of UV related eye disorders.
• Treatment Flexibility for the Future: Your vision changes as you grow older and eventually almost everyone will need cataract surgery. An important benefit with the Visian ICL is that you have options for future treatments. Because Visian ICL maintains the structure of the eye, the measurements required for new procedures are often much easier to identify and can increase the likelihood of positive outcomes.
• Simplification of Life: There is no daily maintenance as with traditional contact lenses, and no concern of problems from daily activities such as swimming and sports.
• LASIK Alternative – Patients who have corneas too thin or prescriptions too high for LASIK still have a fantastic option for lasting vision correction.